All the lovers of apple pie are going to love what today’s recipe is… apple pie bread. This bread recipe is a spin off of the classic cinnamon raisin bread. Apple Pie Bread is perfect for fall mornings to eat as breakfast. It does have quite a few steps to make this delicious bread, but these steps are super simple to follow and recreate. Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- about 4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- Pour the yeast over the warm water and let this sit for 5 minutes or until slightly foamy on top.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the brown sugar and butter and beat on medium low speed until combined.
- Blend in 2 cups of the flour and salt until moistened. Then, beat for another 3-4 minutes on medium high speed.
- Switch the attachment to a dough hook and add in the rest of the flour. Mix on high speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a well greased large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let this rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Mist a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle, about 9 inches on the short side and 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the dough with a thin layer of apple butter and then follow with a sprinkling of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the entire surface.
- Starting at the short side, roll the dough into a tight log.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log in half lengthwise, leaving the two halves attached at one end. Twist the two long pieces together and place into the prepared loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Uncover the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. The loaf should sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool completely before taking out of the pan and slicing.