So, we have all had a chocolate chip cookie at least once in our lifetime. If you haven’t, well, you are really missing out in life. But, today I am going to share with you a recipe that takes your favorite chocolate chip cookie to the next level… The toffee makes these cookies have that salty and sweet combo that is seriously the best. Enjoy!
*this recipe makes one dozen, however you can double it and make two dozen cookies*
- 6 tablespoons of softened, unsalted butter
- 1/2 plus an 1/8 cups of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 plus 1/8 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 3/4 cups of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups of toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Cream together the butter and sugars for 2 minutes in the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee.
- Spoon the dough, 2 tablespoon sized scoops, and place the cookies onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this salty and sweet treat recipe. I am telling you, these cookies are so great, yet so simple. In fact, it was so hard not to eat every single one right out of the oven. Enjoy!