Recently I have been craving peanut butter cookies like their is no tomorrow. So of course I had to bake up a yummy batch of these delicious cookies. But, if you know anything about me, you know that I also love chocolate. Today we are combining this delicious childhood combo and I am sharing with you these amazing chocolate peanut butter cookies that are to die for. You have got to make these cookies!
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup) softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (no stir kind)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter candies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat together the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix slowly just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter candies.
- Scoop two tablespoons of batter into rows onto a cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 5 minutes, then quickly pull them out of the oven for a few seconds and press the remaining candies onto the cookies.
- Place the cookies back into the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool once done baking and serve!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for the best peanut butter chocolate combo ever! These cookies are such a fun treat for the summer or really any season of the year. Enjoy!