Today I am going to share with you a recipe for the best Chocolate Toffee Cookie Bars. They are kind of like a mix between brownies and sugar cookies. And in my opinion, the best part of these cookie bars, is the crunchy toffee that is melted into the tops of the cookie bars. Enjoy this simple recipe for the best cookie bars that you will ever come by.
- 1 cup of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3/4 cups of chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- In the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla, and melted chocolate, and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough onto the prepared pan until evenly layered.
- Sprinkle the toffee bits onto the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the cookie bars cool to room temperature.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for the best chocolate toffee combination in the whole wide world. Let me know in the comment section down below what flavor combination is your favorite! I would love to hear from you!