Imagine an oreo stuffed with cookie dough that is not going to make you sick with salmonella, because of the raw egg. And to top off this decadent dessert, we are dipping the oreo with chocolate. Today, we will be making chocolate chip cookie dough stuffed oreos. These are so decadent, sweet, and chocolatey that they will for sure be a hit.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
To assemble the stuffed oreos, you will need:
- 1 package of oreos
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional to make chocolate smoother)
- Start by pulsing the chocolate in a food processor a few times just to make the chocolate chips into smaller pieces.
- In the bowl of a standard mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugars, and salt for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the applesauce and vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate for 30 seconds, or until mixed well.
- Now that the cookie dough has been made, melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave for 1 minute, or until smooth and melted.
- To assemble this dessert, split the oreos in half, keeping the filling on one side.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto one oreo half and then sandwich the other oreo half on top.
- Next, dip half of the oreo into the melted chocolate, and then place each oreo onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- After assembling all the oreos, place them into the fridge for about 2 hours or until the chocolate has hardened completely.
These oreos are so simple to make and are so good, they will make you keep coming back for more. I have to say, it’s about time for there to finally be cookie dough that is SAFE to eat. Enjoy!