A glass of ice cold lemonade definitely hits the spot on a hot summer day. But, today we are giving this classic summer drink a delicious twist. This homemade strawberry lemonade is so refreshing and it’s the perfect balance between sweet and sour. I made this sweet little beverage for my family this past Father’s Day and I have to say, it was a huge hit. ENJOY!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 medium lemons squeezed
- 6 cups cold water
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place the strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the strawberries into the sugar mixture and then add the lemon juice. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the strawberry lemon mixture and cold water into a pitcher. Stir well and then add the ice.
I hope you have enjoyed this classic recipe of fresh and homemade strawberry lemonade!