Today, we are going to make a funfetti birthday cake. Even if your birthday isn’t anytime soon, this cake is still perfect for any special occasion. And let’s be real… it’s always someone’s birthday somewhere in the world… so why not celebrate? This cake is moist, yet fluffy and this buttercream frosting is to die for. So what are we waiting for, let’s begin!
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies sprinkles
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Alternating the dry mixture and milk, slowly add them into the batter until everything is combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour the batter into the three prepared pans, equally distributed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- For the frosting, beat all of the ingredients for 5-7 minutes on medium speed.
- Once the cakes are cooled, take them out of the pans.
- Using a serrated knife, slice off the domes of each cake.
- Next, spread a thin layer of frosting on one of the cakes, and then stick another cake on top. Repeat for the next one.
- Simply spread the rest of the frosting over the entire cake.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and will have fun making it for your next party. If this doesn’t make you want your birthday to be every single day, what does?