Lately I have been obsessed with all of the amazing fall treats that are trending right now. However, sometimes nothing beats an amazing old fashioned cookie. Today we are making old fashioned iced oatmeal cookies. And let me tell you, these cookies are delicious and perfect for any occasion!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line one baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add in the flour mixture and oats to the wet mixture and beat on slow speed just until combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon amounts of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and half and half until the icing is a smooth and runny consistency.
- Ice the cookies by drizzling the icing on the cooled cookies with a spoon or piping bag.
- Let the icing harden for a few hours before serving!
This recipe is bulletproof and I hope you will make these cookies the next time you have an urge to bake! I also hope everyone is having an amazing start to their Fall.