Hopefully you did not forget, but Valentine’s day is just around the corner and it will be here before we know it. And lucky for you, I have the perfect cookies for this holiday. However, I would still make these cookies even if it wasn’t Valentine’s Day… yes, they are that good. Today we will be making red velvet cookies. You heard it… cookies. These red velvet cookies are the perfect mix between the famous red velvet cake and a sugar cookie all in one. Enjoy!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of red food coloring
- 1 cup of flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and food coloring until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Drop 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough spaced 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before serving, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and will make them this Valentine’s day! They are so delicious and definitely the cutest cookies I have made in a while.