I love snickerdoodles and when I came upon this amazing recipe to make them, I was so excited! I’ve been using this recipe for a few years now and there hasn’t been a time when I came across someone that didn’t love these snickerdoodles as much as I do. The cookies have a soft and chewy middle with a sweet crunch around the outside. If you are one that falls under the category of loving snickerdoodles, then you must give this recipe a try!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon and Sugar Mixture Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After, in a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with a whisk and spatula until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and whisk together, making sure everything is well combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture using a spatula until a dough forms.
- Set the dough aside while you mix together the cinnamon and sugar for rolling the cookies in.
- Next, scoop 2 tablespoon amounts of dough, roll into balls, and then roll the dough balls into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe!!!