One of my favorite things is when I bake and the entire house starts to smell sweet and warm. It’s like lighting a candle but on a much larger scale. Well, these ginger cookies definitely give off that amazing Fall scent when they hit the oven. They are soft in the middle but have a small sweet crunch around the edges. I highly recommend that you make these cookies this Fall season!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cups unsalted softened butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- sugar for rolling (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
- In the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and molasses and beat until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix slowly just until combined and a dough has formed.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon amounts of dough, roll into a ball, roll into the sugar, and place onto the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes or until you can see the edges starting to brown.
- Cool completely before serving!
I hope that you will enjoy and love this recipe as much as I do. It is definitely one that you should keep all season long, as these cookies are great for gift giving, a sweet snack, or even a fun seasonal dessert.